Reflections from this, my 36th year on this planet, include the following:
- Raising kids really is a very consuming job. Thankless, exhausting, but rewarding and fun.
- I am happier and feel more comfortable when I work outside the home as well.
- I have a lot of First World Problems. I feel pretty lucky about that.
- Pinterest makes me feel lazy and uncreative. And a little ragey at the people I re-pin who aren't lazy and uncreative. But I won't quit!
- I still don't really know what I want to be when I grow up.
- Wine on a work night is a great idea on the work night, but a terrible idea the next morning.
- I really need to start exercising again. Seriously, B2 is going to wean someday.
- I am a wicked awesome pumpkin carver. I wonder if I could also be a tattoo artist (see #5)?
- I wish I was a medium. The talks to the dead kind, not the size. (see #5)
- Remembering to take food out for supper is the absolute hardest part of my day. I don't know why, since it's a fairly critical detail that has to happen every day.
Bonus: Despite a lot of grumbling and ranting about tribulations from time to time, I am extremely happy, and exactly where I want to be. I am blessed and lucky to be living in this time and place. And I'm enjoying this adventure called life immensely.